Good evening! Today I thought I would share what I love about December.
Believe it or not, I’m actually a summer person, I dread the winter season every year.
But saying that I do love the mixture of seasons and unpredictable weather we have in the UK. If we didn’t have a change it would be so boring.
- So yeah, summer clothes can be cute sometimes if you have the confidence to show off most of your skin in lovely shorts or playsuits. However, nothing beats winter fashion. I love big woolly jumpers, leggings, tartan, scarfs… You name it I love Everything. Its just so bloody cosy and can be simply dressed up or down when needed. It’s also a good excuse to put on a few extra pounds because let’s be real, under them thick baggy jumpers who’s going to notice?
- I’ve been a hermit pretty much since leaving school so I’m so used to sticking indoors. But every time I do go out I love to rush back home, get changed into some PJs and a dressing gown and big fluffy slippers make a hot chocolate and sit in front of the fire. Pjs are grim in summer and the fire only gets lit in December and January because coal is far too expensive. So seeing the fire lit makes winter and Christmas for me.
- Christmas markets, I’ve never been to a proper one like they hold abroad and in cities… Yet. I’ve only ever gone to the ones which are local to me, but even though they’re small and don’t have much. Its pretty to see and experience. The lights, the cabins and the outdoor bars with the smell of mulled wine in the air is beautiful.
- Winter baking! I love baking any time of the year but cinnamon is just a taste I associate massively with Christmas. Also, cookies don’t taste and look as good the rest of the year.
- Holiday decorations. Now I hate seeing them in October and November but soon as December arrives I enjoy seeing them and I enjoy putting them up even more. Christmas lights instantly make anywhere look cosy! And I love Christmas trees especially real ones.
- Winter films, they’re so many and all of them are the typical ‘feel good’ films. I can happily watch Christmas films all day once December hits!
- Christmas shopping, I have a very love-hate relationship with it. I find it stressful, but it’s always worth it because nothing is better than giving gifts.
- Seasonal drinks. GINGERBREAD LATTE. That is all that needs to be said. Oh and can’t forget the odd hot choc with a candy cane stuck in. Mmmm
- Christmas, obvious one. I associate Christmas with family time and nothing beats spending time with family and playing board games in front of the fire.
- Food. I love food at any time of the year but pigs in blankets just don’t seem right any other time of the year. Also, I don’t know what it is but as soon as December hits its totally acceptable to put on the pounds and not feel guilty about it, fancy eating chocolate for breakfast and mince pies all day? That’s fine, go ahead its Christmas! Want to start drinking at 10 in the morning, 100% acceptable its the festive season.
Okay, so after writing this list I may be more of a winter person after all!
What do you love about winter?